Playing a YouTube Short
YouTube Shorts are short-form videos that users can create and share on the YouTube platform. These videos are designed to be quick and engaging, making them perfect for browsing and sharing on social media. When you come across a YouTube Short that catches your attention, it’s easy to start playing and enjoying the video.
To play a YouTube Short, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the YouTube app on your mobile device. Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed to ensure smooth and uninterrupted playback.
2. Navigate to the Shorts section of the app. Tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen to open the search bar, and then select “Shorts” from the menu at the top of the screen. This will take you to a dedicated section where you can find a wide range of YouTube Shorts.
3. Scroll through the Shorts to find a video that interests you. YouTube Shorts are displayed vertically, with one video appearing at a time on your screen. Swipe up or down to browse through the available Shorts.
4. Once you find a YouTube Short you want to watch, simply tap on it. The video will start playing automatically in a vertical format.
5. To view the YouTube Short in full screen, rotate your device to a horizontal position. The video will automatically adjust to fill your screen, providing a more immersive viewing experience.
6. While watching a YouTube Short in full screen, you can interact with the video by tapping on the screen. This will pause or play the video, allowing you to control the playback. You can also swipe left or right to skip to the next or previous Short in the playlist.
7. To exit full-screen mode and return to the vertical view, simply rotate your device back to a vertical position, or tap the “X” icon in the corner of the screen.
That’s it! You can now enjoy watching YouTube Shorts in full screen and make the most of their engaging and entertaining content. Remember to explore different Shorts by swiping up or down and discover new creators and videos that capture your interest.
So, the next time you come across an intriguing YouTube Short, don’t hesitate to tap on it and immerse yourself in the world of short-form videos!
Adjusting the screen orientation
If the YouTube short doesn’t automatically switch to full screen mode, try rotating your device to landscape orientation.
YouTube Shorts have become an increasingly popular way to consume and share short videos. With their vertical format, they are perfectly optimized for mobile viewing. However, sometimes you may encounter an issue where the YouTube Short doesn’t automatically switch to full screen mode. In such cases, adjusting the screen orientation of your device can resolve the problem.
Rotating your device to landscape orientation allows you to expand the YouTube Short to full screen. By doing so, you can make the most of the content, which might include important details or a visually immersive experience. Let’s explore how you can adjust the screen orientation to enjoy YouTube Shorts in full screen.
1. Start by launching the YouTube app on your mobile device. Make sure you are logged in to your account to access your personalized recommendations and subscribed channels.
2. Search for the YouTube Short you want to watch. You can either type in the search bar or explore the Shorts section on the app’s homepage.
3. Once you have found the Short you want to watch, tap on it to open the video player.
4. If the YouTube Short doesn’t automatically switch to full screen mode, you will notice black bars on both sides of the video. This indicates that the video is currently in portrait orientation and not occupying the entire screen.
5. To switch to full screen, simply rotate your device to landscape orientation. Hold your device horizontally, and the video will automatically adjust to fill the entire screen. The black bars will disappear, providing you with a more immersive viewing experience.
6. Take a moment to appreciate the video in its full glory, enjoying the details and visuals that may have been hidden in the smaller portrait mode. Landscape orientation offers a wider field of view, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the content.
By adjusting the screen orientation, you can make the most of YouTube Shorts and fully appreciate the creativity and engaging visuals that these short videos offer. Whether you’re watching a dance routine, a comedy skit, or a tutorial, switching to full screen mode enhances your overall viewing experience and helps you appreciate the content to its fullest potential.
If you’re still unable to switch to full screen mode by rotating your device, ensure that your device’s auto-rotate feature is enabled. Some devices have a toggle or button that locks the screen orientation, preventing automatic rotation. Check your device’s settings and enable auto-rotate to make sure you can enjoy YouTube Shorts in full screen mode.
Remember to experiment and explore different content on YouTube Shorts. With the ability to discover unique and captivating videos within seconds, adjusting the screen orientation is a simple yet effective way to enhance your mobile viewing experience. Enjoy watching YouTube Shorts in full screen mode and make the most of the incredible content available!